I am very excited to be able to re-open my home clinic from Monday 19th April following the relaxation of lockdown measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to return to practice safely, a number of enhanced hygiene measures have been put in place, based on guidance from my governing body, the Institute of Soft Tissue Therapy who are closely following advice from Public Health England, The World Health Organisation and the Government.
I have detailed changes to my home clinic below. These will be subject to change following any change to industry guidelines.
- My therapy room has had a refurbishment and is now fresh and clean ready for a new start.
- I have carried out a full risk assessment of my premises to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- I have completed a certified infection control course to further my understanding of transmission
- I am fully vaccinated through my NHS role and will be undertaking lateral flow tests in line with government recommendations
- An electronic pre-appointment COVID-19 questionnaire is to be completed on the morning of your appointment to ensure you feel well and have not come into contact with anyone who may have had COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
If symptoms have been felt, appointments will be rescheduled without charge to allow sufficient time for quarantine and recovery.
- I will monitor my own health and if I experience any symptoms or exposure to the virus I will cancel and reschedule following a quarantine period and recovery
- I will adhere to developing guidance on suitable PPE for close contact treatments. Currently face masks are to be worn by both therapist and client during treatment. One will be provided for you if you do not have your own.
- Hand sanitiser is to be used by both parties before, during and following treatment.
- 30 minutes will be left between each client to air and clean the room.
- All surfaces, linen, couches and shared spaces will be cleaned between each client.
- All payments will now be electronic. A card machine is available onsite and the option to pay online in advance when booking is also available.
- If you have been hospitalised due to COVID-19, are suffering with ‘Long Covid’ symptoms or taking medication due to the virus, clearance is required from your GP prior to treatment. This is due to post viral complications and to ensure it is safe for you to receive hands on treatment.
These changes are all easily applied and will not detract from the quality care you would normally recieve.
Group Pilates will continue to run online. 1:1 classes can be delivered either face to face in Eastville or online at the client’s choice.
If you have any questions or concerns prior to attending an appointment please do not hesitate to get in touch by phone or email. I want you to feel comfortable and confident to attend.
Tel: 07790 598 309